Hi,

I have setup a mail receiving postfix server.

On this I have setup amavisd(with ClamAV and Spamassassin) using
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Amavisd

Here my setup would be catering to emails received from all over the world
(including mails from China, Japan etc),

Now in amavisd.conf there are default spam scores(and other default
spamassassin values) as follows:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = 2.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 6.2;  # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.9;  # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks mail)
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent
$sa_crediblefrom_dsn_cutoff_level = 18; # likewise, but for a likely valid From
# $sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 25; # spam level beyond which quarantine is off
$penpals_bonus_score = 8;    # (no effect without a @storage_sql_dsn database)
$penpals_threshold_high = $sa_kill_level_deflt;  # don't waste time on hi spam
$bounce_killer_score = 100;  # spam score points to add for joe-jobbed bounces

$sa_mail_body_size_limit = 400*1024; # don't waste time on SA if mail is larger
$sa_local_tests_only = 0;    # only tests which do not require internet access?

$sa_spam_subject_tag = '***SPAM*** ';

I want to know the reasoning why these only spam score values have been chosen,
if there is any link about this please give me that too.

Thanks in advance

Ashish Sharma