You do not give the studyID name to more than one line
Name them differently

I also assume that the lines existed across the bar you were scanning on.

--
Cheers
Graham

On 18/10/06, RajeevM <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Further to previous email today I found one more issue.

Setup 1.
In a stock price chart (say ranbaxy) I drew a upper channel and gave STUDY ID as RE.
Scan for trendline crack and I got the alert... (the name ranbaxy came up).

Set Up 2.
Draw any random line on the chart which doesnot cuts the price anywhere and give it studyID as RE.
Next draw a upper channel (as in setup1) and gave STUDY ID as RE.
Scan for trendline crack and I DONT get the result. (the name doesnot comes up)

Does it means I would get result only with the frist drawn Trendline which is amrked as RE?

Thomas or anyone who can guide on this?
How can I get an alert for any trendline (amrked as RE) cross.. not just the one I drew first.

Anyone faced this issue earlier?

my afl for trendline scanning is this
===================
ret = Study("RE", 1002);

Buy   = Cross(C, ret);
Sell  = Cross(ret,C);

AlertIf(Buy,   "", "",1,1 );
AlertIf(Sell,  "", "",2,1 );

AlertIf( Buy , "SOUND C:\\Windows\\Media\\Ding.wav", "Audio alert", 1 );
AlertIf( Sell, "SOUND C:\\WINDOWS\\Media\\ir_inter.wav", "Audio alert", 2);

regards
Rajeev