Ok,  I found an example by Tomasz which helped me a lot:

Tomasz Janeczko
tj −−at−− amibroker.com
2004−06−03 04:35:37

TimeFrameSet(in15Minute);
MA10_15Min=MA(Close,10);
TimeFrameRestore();
Buy=Cross( MA(Close,5), TimeFrameExpand(MA10_15Min, in15Minute) );

I can only begin to see what I can do with this...  Anyway, now it works,
but would it make any difference if I decided simply to use a RSI based on,
let's say 30 hourly bars instead of 5 days?

Louis

2008/6/16 Louis Préfontaine <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi,
>
> I am looking in the manual around page 739 and I must admit I am
> confused...
>
> Timeframeset
> Timeframeexpand
> Timeframerestore
> Timeframecompress
>
> I tried to read all this but I am still not sure about how to use this
> stuff.  I understand that the timeframeset changes from intraday to
> daily/weekly/etc.  and timeframerestore changes back to the initial intraday
> I am using.  But I don't understand the timeframecompress and
> timeframeexpand.    I thought that setting the TimeFrameSet( inDaily );  and
> then setting a variable  (RSI5)  and then referring to that variable later
> would assume it was in the daily timeframe, but it seems it is not how it
> works.
>
> So, how would I be able to set a formula that would calculate a daily close
> where RSI (5) < 25  and then using that in my intraday buy signal along with
> other intraday variables?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Louis
>
> 2008/6/16 Ara Kaloustian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
>>    yes ... need to use time frame expand ...
>>
>> Look in help files ... very good explanation
>>
>> *TimeFrameExpand( RSI5, indailym,expandfirst);*
>> **
>> *I assume you are using this with intraday data. Use expandfirst as shown
>> (instead if expandlast - or at least experiment with both). This should give
>> you signals earlier, based on amount of data available today.*

>>> RSI5 = RSI (5);