Hi Bisto --

Thanks.  From the original posting, I was thinking that SPSO was a metric.

Dubi --

The choice of optimization method (exhaustive, cmae, ...) and metric (Ulcer
Index, CAR/MDD, k-ratio, ...) are independent.  The optimization portion of
the walk forward will be carried out using the optimization method you
request in you afl code with the OptimizerSetEngine statement.  The
selection of which of the alternatives tested to use for the out-of-sample
run will be determined by the metric you set in the Optimization Target box
on the Walk Forward tab of the AA Settings.

Or did I misinterpret your question?

Thanks,
Howard