On 11/04/2011 5:06 PM, n4csi...@bellsouth.net wrote:
> I just saw a tweet from Joe N6CL that AMSAT- France by a vote of 11 to 10 has
> voted itself out of existence.

Perhaps they had the misfortune to be readers of this bb and just
couldn't stand any more "discussions" on lotw or diplexors or phonetics
or cranky old farts bemoaning the lack of HEO's or useless, pointless,
grid chasing. Has the Amateur Satellite service degenerated to the level
of general ham radio.....no technical expertise, no interest in the
"how",and "why" or the friendly help for for folk with an interest in
the TECHNICAL side of ham radio.....surely the folk who can manage to
get a contact on a very high repeater must be satisfied, and move on to
a more challenging pursuit such as collecting foam cups or something.
My thanks to Domenico and Erich and the others who present satisfying
technical input to the board...to the others, please go back to another
BB to discuss phonetics,lotw, etc.
Surely there must be another BB to arrange(!!!!) and discuss contacts on
the AO51 repeater?

Cranky Old Fart, Flame suit ON,
                 Don
                    ZL1THO