In <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Isamar Maia
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I was using a Unix BASH script done by myself to generate simple page
> views email reports to my manager. After installing analog I perceive some
> difference between their results. My server is an IIS4 and I'm uploading
> the files to my Linux box using ftp.
> To count my main page's page views, I'm using the following grep line:
>
> RESULT=`grep "GET /index.cfm" $LOGFILE |grep -v $EXCLUDEHOST |wc -l`
> echo $RESULT
>
> ANalog is ever showing more occurences than my bash script. Around 10%
> more.

Some possible causes:

* Different exclusion lists in your grep line and the analog configuration
* Invalid log records which are ignored by analog
* Requests starting with index.cfm, for example GET /index.cfm/parameter --
  these are requests for a different resource for analog but would be counted
  in your grep line
  Try echo `grep -c 'GET /index\.cfm HTTP' $LOGFILE` instead
* HEAD, POST or PUT requests which you did not count

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]