Thanks to Stephen and Jeremy for their replies. we are not using a LOGFORMAT command,
but I have noticed that the configuration file which is still basically one from
analog 3.11 even though we are using analog 5.23 has a LINKINCLUDE pages command. If I
changed this to REQLINKINCLUDE might that fix it?

Les

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
 "Reserve your 2 hour delivery time, which means you'll see the same special
  offers as you would instore" - Sainsbury's internet shopping instructions