Sounds like the logformat isn't standar after all. If you take a peek at a section of the log, you can use the LOGFILE command to specify the exat format so analog will run - go to :

http://www.analog.cx/docs/logfmt.html

to find out how. If you're still stuck, maybe post a bit of log her and someone might help

Ben

Harish Narayanan wrote:

Hello all.

I am new to analog and I attempted to use it to analyze logfiles from my ISP (1and1, Apache). I first tried it without logformat to get -

C:\Statistics\analog\analog.exe: Warning F: Can't auto-detect format of
 logfile C:\Statistics\analog\log.log: ignoring it

I then tried it with APACHELOGFORMAT, to get the same error.

APACHELOGFORMAT (%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\" %b)
LOGFILE log.log

And I got the same thing when I tried LOGFORMAT.

LOGFORMAT (%{Host}i %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\" %b)
LOGFILE log.log

Is there something that's causing analog to miss this configuration command? I am trying this using analog 5.91beta1 on windows. I am sorry if this has been asked before.

Thanks for any help.
Harish