On Monday, August 09, 2004 4:13 PM [GMT],
Uriel Wittenberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> QuickDNS, the Analog helper app
> (http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/network/qdns.htm), produces
> a file with lines looking like this:
>
> 0 146.82.2.11 *
>
> Why?
>
> Am I supposed to specify a DNS server using /Y? I didn't expect to
> since Analog doesn't require it and I didn't see such a requirement
> in the qdns doc.

QuickDNS is a bit funky - I've always had to specify a DNS server, but
other people seem to have used it without specifying one.

As far as I know, the writer of QuickDNS has never contributed to this
list, and I doubt if he will see your question here to answer it.

> If so, where is there a DNS server I can use?

Use the DNS server that your use for everything else. Run IPCONFIG /ALL
to see what your DNS server address is.

Aengus