> Yes, built in browser works fine.
> Did I mess up the manifest? (See below)

Not in an obvious way. I'm a lousy code reviewer, though.

I would try to find some complete code that works and start from there.
"Hello, WebView" is nice, but without actual files implementing the
answer, it is difficult to diagnose difficulties.

And, unfortunately, the WebView APIDemos source file is just plain bizarre.

You can grab the source code for all of my books off their respective Web
pages:

http://commonsware.com/Android/
http://commonsware.com/AdvAndroid/
http://commonsware.com/AndTutorials/

The closest analogy to what you are trying to get working would be
WebKit/Browser1 project from the Android book's code. That's a full
project (missing only Eclipse project files if you use Eclipse) and
definitely works.

I am sure there are other WebView samples out there (anddev.org,
LearningAndroid, AndroidSnippets) as well.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com