James,

The 30 minute limit only applies to "automatic" updates scheduled by using the widget .xml desciptor.

Your widget provider can update its widgets (using the usual mechanism of RemoteViews) any time it wants. For example, in response to some other broadcast. In my application, this happens when in response to WiFi state changes. In yours, it could be something else.

-- Kostya

01.06.2010 5:33, james pruett ?????:

        Are you saying widgets can update faster than 30minutes? Polling?

        public int updatePeriodMillis

Since: API Level 3 <http://developer.android.com/guide/appendix/api-levels.html#level3>

How often, in milliseconds, that this AppWidget wants to be updated. The AppWidget manager may place a limit on how often a AppWidget is updated.

This field corresponds to the |android:updatePeriodMillis| attribute in the AppWidget meta-data file.

*Note:* Updates requested with |updatePeriodMillis| will not be delivered more than once every 30 minutes.