On Oct 30, 12:18 pm, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> > I know I've read about this behavior in this forum in the past but I
> > can't find in the documentation where this duplicate elimination logic
> > is described in detail. Mostly, I just want to differentiate the
> > Intents enough that they are not considered duplicates. Any pointers
> > would be appreciated.
>
> I believe that Android uses filterEquals() on Intent to determine if
> two Intents are equivalent for this purpose. From the documentation:
>
> "Determine if two intents are the same for the purposes of intent
> resolution (filtering). That is, if their action, data, type, class,
> and categories are the same. This does not compare any extra data
> included in the intents."

To be fair, the javadoc for Intent.filterEquals() says nothing about
if or when a broadcast intent would be dropped for any reason.  Or do
you think it's implied?

It's strange because I just authored an IntentService yesterday that
does work on command, then broadcasts an intent with an action and a
single extra which varies based on the work done.  As far as I can
tell, no intents are being dropped from broadcast, and that's what I'd
expect, unless I misunderstand the behavior that Bret is observing.

Doug