On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 3:01 AM, Doug <beafd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> To be fair, the javadoc for Intent.filterEquals() says nothing about
> if or when a broadcast intent would be dropped for any reason.  Or do
> you think it's implied?

Whoops. I misread the original question, thinking we were talking
abound PendingIntents. Those can have the appearance of being
"dropped", where the second PendingIntent really is just a reference
to the first one, ignoring any changes in extras.

> It's strange because I just authored an IntentService yesterday that
> does work on command, then broadcasts an intent with an action and a
> single extra which varies based on the work done.  As far as I can
> tell, no intents are being dropped from broadcast, and that's what I'd
> expect, unless I misunderstand the behavior that Bret is observing.

Yes, I am not aware of broadcasts being dropped because of equivalence.

My apologies for fouling up my original answer.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

Android 2.2 Programming Books: http://commonsware.com/books