I can set shadow layer attributes in XML for a textview.
Separate attributes control the Dx, Dy, radius and color.

I can also set shadow layer attributes in code.
One method will allow me to set all four of those parameters.

However, I don't see any getters for these parameters.

I'd prefer to design the appropriate shadow in XML, but
I guess I'll have to do it in code, so I can know the values.

I was hoping to read the existing values of the parameters,
so I could do some dynamic effects with them in some
situations, without completely shifting to implement the
parameters in code.

(Example:  rotate text view upside down, but play with
shadow Dx Dy so the lighting doesn't look wrong.  Or
animate shadow right to left as another graphic moves.)