Thank you Satya. Using Activity would solve the problem. But, I
thought, by using a dialog, the user don't have to leave the current
screen and also, since the dialog is transparent,  the user can see
the background always. By the way, I own your book. It is a very good
comprehensive book for Android.

Venkata