Thanks Nikolay. Very useful pointers. Thank goodness it isn't global
(UID).

Though am using this permission as a developer the question is from a
user point of view who wishes to revoke access, so I'd rather not call
this directly or through reflection. Wish the system had a settings
screen for this instead. Something the user could trust irrespective
of the apps installed.

I do see a couple of bugs requests where people would like to deny
access to specific security permissions to an app (eg: network,
camera, call status, ...) on the whole. This auth token stuff though,
falls in a different sub-category and might be quicker to solve.

Hope a google employee could comment on any future updates to the
account management flow that they might have.

Thanks,
RS