@Alex,
you're right - it is always a monopoly. I was surprised to find out
that I basically have only two expensive choices for broadband
Internet connection: Verizon DSL or Comcast cable. Hopefully it will
change some time... Barac said something about importance of broadband
Internet connection for US economy :)