On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 10:02 AM, chis <chris.wil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm experiencing this also. My apps in the console and the market I
> have all lost ratings. Several of my apps went from 4.5* to 3* or
> worse. Only ratings with comments have remained. So, this weighs the
> people that are impossible to please much more. It seems more will
> voice their negative opinions than positive and the market was great
> the way it was....

I think this is overall a very negative experience for almost everyone
who is commenting on this; ideally this is a bug that will be repaired
-- and soon.  I haven't completely binged on the Android kool-aid yet
but I do love the Android ecosystem and have more applications and
projects in development, and continue to evangelize among people I
know about it.  But experiences like this can really make one step
back and wonder what the priorities are, who is important to the
Market team etc.  With iOS you have "there's an app for that" -- where
there are large and small developers sharing in the pie, and greater
exposure all around.  For the same thing to exist on Android (and it
really is getting there) there really has to be a little more goodwill
towards the development community with regard to these types of
"issues" that occur.  Google's consumer facing products are fantastic,
but it seems like the Android Market needs a little more QA or
developer outreach/customer service, or it's going to start scaring
people away, or be less enthusiastic - "once bitten, twice shy."  Most
app developers writing an app for the first time are still targeting
iOS according to the recent Flurry stats, for them to instead realize
that there's possibly an advantage to being the first mover in the
Android Market, rather than being a late entrant to the iOS app store,
there needs to be better incentives in my opinion.  Apologies for the
rant but this is very frustrating.