On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:37 AM, Yahor Paulavets
<ypaulav...@agilefusion.com> wrote:
> I have investigated and implemented the best way for determination of
> orientation:
> http://softteco.blogspot.com/2011/08/universal-way-to-detect-landscape-mode.html

That's exactly what I ended up doing, comparing height and width,
which should work all the time, even through times of deprecation.

Half of the four "orientation" values seem useless to me.  All I care
about is if the screen is taller than it is wide or not, that's it.
Not like I'm gonna draw something different if a user holds the device
upside down or not.  And I seriously doubt anyone has four different
views for their app.. most will have one, maybe two.

--
Greg Donald