Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way to play back on my Mac the audio file I
recorded on Android.
Here's the code I'm using

    mRecorder = new MediaRecorder();
    mRecorder.setAudioSource(MediaRecorder.AudioSource.MIC);
    mRecorder.setOutputFormat(MediaRecorder.OutputFormat.MPEG_4);
    mRecorder.setOutputFile(mFileName);
    mRecorder.setAudioEncoder(MediaRecorder.AudioEncoder.DEFAULT);
    try {
      mRecorder.prepare();
    } catch (IOException e) {
      System.out.println("prepare() failed");
      System.out.println(e.getMessage());
    }
    mRecorder.start();

And then, I mount the phone in Debug mode, grab the file from the SD
card, and copy it on my desktop.
If I try to play that file in VLC (Version 1.1.11 The Luggage (Intel
64bit)) nothing happens, the file does not want to play.

Any ideas why this happens? How could I record audio that I would be
able to play on my desktop?

Vivi.