> Is there any API/work around to know the target Activites lauchnmode,
> so that I can avoid calling target actitvity and display an error
> message to user.

You may need to write your own chooser (if you use it) and then use
PackageManager to find that out and filter out apps that you do not want
user to call. Alternatively, depending on what apps you call for results, I
believe it might be also suitable to check for presence of certain packages
on user device and warn him about described problem in advance.

Is there any flag/configuration that overrides target activity's launchmode
> ie singeltask?

Don't think so regular app could do that.

Regards,
Marcin Orlowski

*Tray Agenda <http://bit.ly/trayagenda>* - keep you daily schedule handy...
*Date In Tray* <http://bit.ly/dateintraypro> - current date at glance...