I was/am planning to simply use the speaker and mic for sound doppler
spectral analysis of solid non-dense objects.  Being an Engineer, I would
imagine that real time capturing of the reflected sonic waves might be an
issue when compared to the initial sent "ping" signals.  Hence, in a
nut-shell, my problem -- real-time!.  I still need to work out the
frequencies and corresponding amplitudes for different object densities.  I
am obviously in the "feasibility" stage of development.

Someone suggested to me that Android devices (and most real-time cell/pda
devices) might contain an embedded MIB Module (Management Information Base)
*http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Management_information_base*.  If this is the
case, then it could be a simpler matter of extracting the information from
the MIB-module and doing the spectral analysis at that point.  ie, it would
look real-time.

I am looking for what might be proprietary information (schematics, etc) of
the guts of the Android or even iPhone, etc to see exactly how the
transmitted and received signals are handled and digested, even for simple
voice calls.  This whole issue might be a lot simpler than I think, but it
usually never is.

Thanks for any and all comments and suggestions
.

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM, bob <b...@coolfone.comze.com> wrote:

> Are you planning to use sound waves or electromagnetic waves?  For sound
> waves, I would expect you would use audio playback and the microphone, and
> not a transceiver.
>

> If you're using electromagnetic waves, that's radar… ish.
>

> On Friday, July 20, 2012 12:54:56 PM UTC-5, Be Tox wrote:
>>
>> Definitely NOT underwater.  I am looking at an APP to essentially bounce
>> sonic waves through/off materials -- probably in the 20 - 5000 Hz range.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 1:42 PM, bob <b...@coolfone.comze.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Do you want underwater sonar or above water sonar (like what bats use)?

>>>  --
>>>

>> --
>> Bill
>>
>  --