Hi to all!
I have a little app with a layout that it's something like this:

<FrameLayout>
   <FrameLayout>
      <ImageView/>
      <ProgressBar/>
   </FrameLayout>
   <LinearLayout>
      <WebView/>
   </LinearLayout>
</FrameLayout>

I initially set the ImageView (kind of a place-holder) and the
ProgressBar visibility to VISIBLE and the WebView's one to INVISIBLE.
Then I call loadUrl on the WebView. When the page finishes loading (I
use both onPageFinished and the detection of certain redirect on
shouldOverrideUrlLoading on a custom  WebViewClient) I finally set the
visibility on the WebView to VISIBLE.

Well, it works well on Android devices previous to Ice Cream Sandwich,
but it seems like the WebView "flashes" to white before showing.

I searched around for ideas and tried several combinations like
letting the WebView as VISIBLE too and just hiding the place-holders,
hiding them with GONE instead of INVISIBLE, replacing the image with a
transparent one, and perhaps some others I already forgot.

I'm testing with a Motorola Xoom recently (officially) updated to ICS;
a couple weeks ago it had Honeycomb and the app worked just fine.

Anyone had any similar problem or could think of any other way I can try?

Thanks!

Marina