Thanks a lot! Adding the <activity android:hardwareAccelerated="false"
/>  worked like a charm. I knew the solution was going to be simple. I
was just looking into the wrong direction :)
I'll see if I can fix it by code to let the hardware acceleration on
with Jelly Bean, but at least it works now.

Marina