On Sep 2, 2:50 pm, Mark Murphy <mmur...@commonsware.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 7:29 AM, itai <i...@live.com> wrote:
> > So after further investigation it seems this bug was introduced in API
> > 11 and is somehow related to the ActionBar.
>
> You have not demonstrated that there is a bug.

Yes I have:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=36950&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Owner%20Summary%20Stars

> > The leak does not occur on
> > versions prior to that
>
> You have not demonstrated that there is a leak. Use heap dumps and MAT
> to demonstrate a leak and identify its cause.

I'm not developing for Android, I'm developing on top of Android.
The framework engineers have more than enough information/reasonable
doubt to investigate this and respond.

> Do not rely on "Cause
> GC" to do a complete GC, because AFAIK it won't.

AFAIK, "Cause GC" reliably shows there is a problem, as the Activity
gets GC'd instantly upon Configuration Change when the ActionBar is
present (Visible or Hidden).