On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 8:02 AM, itai <i...@live.com> wrote:
> The framework engineers have more than enough information/reasonable
> doubt to investigate this and respond.

You are welcome to your opinion. My guess is that their opinion will
be akin to my opinion, which is that you have not done sufficiently
rigorous analysis to be worthy of further investigation.

There have been many people on this list (and elsewhere) who have used
similar "analysis" to point out leaks, only to be found to be wrong
once real analysis (e.g., heap dumps and MAT) have been employed.
Hence, while it is entirely possible that you are indeed correct, it
is more likely that you are "crying wolf" and will be treated as such.

> AFAIK, "Cause GC" reliably shows there is a problem, as the Activity
> gets GC'd instantly upon Configuration Change when the ActionBar is
> present (Visible or Hidden).

Once again, you are welcome to your opinion.

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)

_The Busy Coder's Guide to Android Development_ Version 4.1 Available!