Google devs used in general IntelliJ IDEA as IDE when they "made" us
peasants use Eclipse + ADT. You could see it on their lectures and videos.
That's why ADT never worked really well: they didn't use it. No dogfooding
== No good tools.

So that's why you can find some .idea files on old sample projects.

Marina

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/android-developers/CACaNmX2%3DRePNR4vhW760mvE9NqR7udRCDWdAu9nxBhYjpH_34w%40mail.gmail.com.