This is my last try to finding the answer to the question - really
didn't find any documenation on the MSM72001A chipset anywhere.

The question is regarding how far we can access the resources provided
by the MSM7201A chipset of the current Android phone, specifically the
RF stack (I think its based on ARM9, correct?).

Android is linux based and open source - however, with a quick look at
android's "low-level hardware" libraries, I found only a few classes
regarding the camera - how is android accessing the this chipset's RF
functions? Or is it simply treated as a modem (i.e., AT commands)? Or
is this not available for us to access at all due license issues with
Qualcomm?

Aditionally, if I want to modify Android's kernel, how would the
procedure to burn this new image to the phone basically work?

I would appreciate any help.