Doesn't anyone know how to do this?  I've seen other apps do it.  For
example, Linda File Manager shows plenty of other apps as options for
opening files, but I can't get it to show mine.  If I'm missing some
obvious source of documentation then I apologize, but perusing the
javadocs doesn't convey the necessary information for a question of
this abstraction (that approach is better for learning what a specific
class wants or what an interface provides, but it doesn't *teach*
whole ideas, it doesn't work that way) nor do any of the documents in
the developer guide specifically address this issue (many documents
touch on this issue but the actual syntax and how the necessary pieces
of the manifest coordinate with the associated java classes is not
exemplified), and none of the API Demos address this topic either (it
really *can't* since API Demos is a single conglomerated app, which
pretty much precludes it from this particular question which is about
app-to-app communication).

I'm very frustrated right now.  From the single unbelievably curt
reply I received, I get the impression that everyone thinks this is a
stupid question.  What additional source of documentation or
educational material is everyone else using that I have completely
missed (is there an entire additional website everyone else is aware
of which I haven't found yet?).  Is this task so incredibly easy that
even asking the question, much less asking that it be answered, is
considered inappropriate use of the forum?  Is that why the question
is being ignored?

Besides the javadoccs, the articles in the dev guide, and the API
Demos code, what other resource is there?  Not that they aren't great
resources of information with their domains, but some topics are of a
style that they simply are not answered by those three sources.

I would greatly appreciate any pointers on this task.  I simply do not
know what else to read at this point.  I've read everything I can
find.  It's time to ask a question and have someone answer it.

Thank you.