>>Short POLL: Do you face this issue, too [or not?] ?

I've done about 40 app reviews - never a single problem for me. It
does take a few minutes to install though after the download
completes.

I'm using the stock OS, latest update on my T-mobile G1. Could those
with the problem post details about their phone (ie. stock OS or
modified, amount of free space available, exact phone, etc) as well?
My guess off-hand is that the judging app makes sure an old program
doesn't exist before allowing a download - so it might be it doesn't
always work if one uses an OS that does SD-card app loading?