Dwass,

This is tested on the standard emulator and an unbranded Hero, running
the latest official HTC ROM update, 2.73.

On Dianne's suggestions, I streamlined this a bit, removing the
unnecessary hide flags.

To show the keyboard on the dialog's OnCreate, I use:

        imm.toggleSoftInput(InputMethodManager.SHOW_FORCED,0);

To hide it, I use:

                imm.hideSoftInputFromWindow(singleedittext.getWindowToken(),
0);

As I only have a single edit in my dialog, this works fine.

Note it works the same in the emulator and on the Hero, are you having
different behaviour on your G1?

What is currently working and what isn't? Are you using a dialog or an
activity?