> I don't believe so. A smaller number of qualified testers would yield
> a more reliable result than a huge number of people who do not know
> how to develop software. No one will concede to the developer that the
> app crashes because of Donut - in fact, he can't tell whether it's the
> app or the operating system - s/he will just give 1 star.
>
> But that's the way it works with Google - let the developers work for
> nothing and have the mob blame them.

In my opinion this is plane wrong. An applications is mainly used by
none
developers and thats why the response from a simple user counts a lot
more.
It is also one of the main principles how you should develop an
application.
You need to develop for the user and not for you. It is very often not
easy
to know what the user actually wants most, thats for sure *g*.
You can for example create the most powerful command line tool for
file
management with cool batch features and automation just like you would
like
it as a old style programmer coming from a unix background. But the
user
will most likely prefer the simple windows explorer.