Hi There.

I'm really struggling to get my app notified when the area being
viewed has changed.  There appears to be no handler built in to the
class, so all I've been able to do is extend MapView and catch it in
either getProjection() or onTouchEvent()

The problem I have is that I'm changing the overlays based on the area
being viewed, so that I can lazy load what applies to the given area
(there are large volumes of items to show from a db).

Using getProjection gets updates whenever zooming or scrolling,
however it sits within the onDraw call (it seems) which means altering
the Overlays can result in concurrency errors.

OnTouchEvent is sort of working, although getting no notification of
the zoom change.

Is there a way which I can get notified when what the user is looking
at on the map has changed to update overlays.  I know that the MapKit
stuff on iPhone does this (which is also google maps based), but can't
seem to see how to hook it up on android without these awkward hacks.

Any help would be most useful.

Thanks