Unfortunately, the link shows how to change TAB size not the FONT
size.
But the main warning stays correct: "...this code will likely break in
future Android releases."
However, continuing the same "incorrect" way to deal with problems,
one may try the following:
TabWidget tw = getTabWidget();
for (int i=0; i<tw.getChildCount(); i++) {
    RelativeLayout relLayout = (RelativeLayout)tw.getChildAt(i);
    TextView tv = (TextView)relLayout.getChildAt(1);
    tv.setTextSize(25.0f); // just example
}
It works so far (1.5r3)