I would be extremely happy to have the chance to submit an updated
app, but I agree that it is most fair overall to stick to the original
rules -- no updates.

Seems like Google screwed up quite a bit on this -- either that or it
was a conscious choice to focus on moving forward to 1.6 in
preparation for the next round of devices to be released in the near
future.  Hacking off developers is not a good idea, but I imagine they
are balancing a lot of competing interests.

That being said, the whole ADC2 process has been somewhat
disappointing so far.  Winning could probably change my mind,
though :)