Hi all,

in my view i have the need to a somewhat different layout. It needs to
display a table within each row a cell for a thumbnail and a cell for
displaying a title and a description. The title and description should
be displayed on top of eachother, so something like:

|                  |
title                                                |
|    thumb     |    description                                     |

In this case i thought i'd use a nested table layout:

TableLayout tl = (TableLayout) findViewById(R.id.maintable);

int i=0;
for (FeedMessage message : f.getMessages()) {
        // Create a TableRow and give it an ID
            TableRow tr = new TableRow(this);
            tr.setId(i);
            tr.setBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);
            tr.setLayoutParams(new TableLayout.LayoutParams(
                        TableLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
                        TableLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT));

            // setup a new table for the title and the description
rows
            TableLayout table = new TableLayout(this);
            table.setBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);
            table.setShrinkAllColumns(true);
            table.setLayoutParams(new TableRow.LayoutParams(
                        TableRow.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
                        TableRow.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT
            ));

            // setup the rows for the textviews
            TableRow titleRow = new TableRow(this);
            TableRow descriptionRow = new TableRow(this);

            // construct the views
            TextView titleView = getTitleView(message);
            TextView descriptionView = getDescriptionView(message);
            ImageView thumbView = (ImageView) getThumbView(message);

            titleRow.addView(titleView);
            descriptionRow.addView(descriptionView);

            table.addView(titleRow);
            table.addView(descriptionRow);

            tr.addView(table);
            tl.addView(tr);
}

I get no exceptions, messages are real objects, but the table just
ain't displaying. Any thoughts?

Regards,

Patrick