Hi there,

thanks for the response, but i need to add rows to the table dynamically, so
an xm file is not an option i guess. I'm not sure what is wrong with the
code below, but i fixed it just now. I'm now using a LinearLayout instead of
the nested tabel, and it shows fine. Still strange that the cocde below
didn't do what i expected.

Regards,

Patrick

2009/11/25 jotobjects <jotobje...@gmail.com>

> How are you actually inflating this layout in a View?
>
> This seems to be a normal table layout.  Is there some reason you
> can't or don't want to use an xml layout file for this?  See following
> example -
>

> http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/layout-objects.html#tablelayout
>
> On Nov 25, 1:00 am, Patrick Plaatje <pplaa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > in my view i have the need to a somewhat different layout. It needs to
> > display a table within each row a cell for a thumbnail and a cell for
> > displaying a title and a description. The title and description should
> > be displayed on top of eachother, so something like:

> > |                  |
> > title                                                |
> > |    thumb     |    description                                     |
> > |
> > |                                                         |

> > In this case i thought i'd use a nested table layout:
> >
> > TableLayout tl = (TableLayout) findViewById(R.id.maintable);
> >
> > int i=0;
> > for (FeedMessage message : f.getMessages()) {
> >         // Create a TableRow and give it an ID
> >             TableRow tr = new TableRow(this);
> >             tr.setId(i);
> >             tr.setBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);
> >             tr.setLayoutParams(new TableLayout.LayoutParams(
> >                         TableLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
> >                         TableLayout.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT));
> >
> >             // setup a new table for the title and the description
> > rows
> >             TableLayout table = new TableLayout(this);
> >             table.setBackgroundColor(Color.WHITE);
> >             table.setShrinkAllColumns(true);
> >             table.setLayoutParams(new TableRow.LayoutParams(
> >                         TableRow.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT,
> >                         TableRow.LayoutParams.FILL_PARENT
> >             ));
> >
> >             // setup the rows for the textviews
> >             TableRow titleRow = new TableRow(this);
> >             TableRow descriptionRow = new TableRow(this);
> >
> >             // construct the views
> >             TextView titleView = getTitleView(message);
> >             TextView descriptionView = getDescriptionView(message);
> >             ImageView thumbView = (ImageView) getThumbView(message);
> >
> >             titleRow.addView(titleView);
> >             descriptionRow.addView(descriptionView);
> >
> >             table.addView(titleRow);
> >             table.addView(descriptionRow);
> >
> >             tr.addView(table);
> >             tl.addView(tr);
> >
> > }
> >
> > I get no exceptions, messages are real objects, but the table just
> > ain't displaying. Any thoughts?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Patrick

Met vriendelijke groet,