On Jan 16, 1:19 pm, Philip <philip.dese...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure why this would happen but if you want to take a look at the
> cocos2d for Android code I released last night, there are a few
> examples on how it works.

Thanks, that was really helpful.  After looking through your code for
a while and comparing it to mine, I spotted a mistake I was making.
Having fixed that, I'm now receiving touch events.  Yay!

I'm still not getting any KeyEvents.  I should mention that my phone
doesn't have a physical keyboard, so I've been using the on-screen
keyboard.  I assumed that would generate KeyEvents, but maybe that was
a bad assumption?  On the other hand, it doesn't work with the
emulator either.  Also, the first time I hit a key, the following
message appears in the log:

01-16 16:50:16.547: WARN/KeyCharacterMap(2440): No keyboard for id
65540
01-16 16:50:16.547: WARN/KeyCharacterMap(2440): Using default keymap: /
system/usr/keychars/qwerty.kcm.bin

That's for the phone.  For the emulator, the message is identical
except the first line says id 0 instead of id 65540.  Could this be
related to the problem?

Peter