I need to insert,update,delete events in google calendar using
android. I tried using the gdata calendar protocol directly from
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/data/2.0/developers_guide_protocol.html
but I could not go beyond authenticating the user.

I was able to authenticate the user and I extracted the Auth code
using:-

temp1 = EntityUtils.toString(response.getEntity());
if(response.getStatusLine().getStatusCode()==200)
                auth = temp1.substring(temp1.indexOf("Auth=")+5).trim
();

After this I tried inserting an event which did not work. I was
getting status code 200 in response and I am not sure even if I did
get a proper response, how can I extract the cookie s and gsessionid
for my next request.

I tried creating a calendar instead and I received the same status
code 200. I used the following code:-

   String messageBody="<entry xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'"+
       " xmlns:gd='http://schemas.google.com/g/2005'"+
       " xmlns:gCal='http://schemas.google.com/gCal/2005'>"+
  " <title type='text'>SMS Invite Schedule</title>"+
  " <summary type='text'>This calendar contains the practice schedule
and game times.</summary>"+
  " <gCal:timezone value='Singapore/Asia'></gCal:timezone>"+
  " <gCal:hidden value='false'></gCal:hidden>"+
  " <gCal:color value='#2952A3'></gCal:color>"+
  " <gd:where rel='' label='' valueString='Oakland'></gd:where>"+
" </entry>";
 StringEntity entity =new StringEntity(messageBody);
            entity.setContentType("application/atom+xml");
            entity.setChunked(true);
            httppost.setEntity(entity);
            httppost.setHeader("Authorization", "GoogleLogin
auth="+auth);
            httppost.setHeader("GData-Version", "2");
            //httppost.setHeader("Content-Length",String.valueOf
(entity.getContentLength()));
            //httppost.setHeader("Content-Type", "application/atom
+xml");
            HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httppost);

As can be seen from the code, I commented Content-Length and Content-
Type as otherwise I would get a ClientProtocolException (content-
length was causing the exception, didn't put content-type since it is
already mentioned in the entity...not sure where it should be
defined).

I am sorry that I don't understand the basics correctly. I did refer
to the apache site for httpclient stuff but it wasn't of much help.
Please help me out with the above problems.  Thank you.