I need to insert,update,delete events in google calendar using
android. I tried using the protocol given at
http://code.google.com/apis/calendar/data/2.0/developers_guide_protocol.html
but I was unable to go beyond authenticating the user.

I was able to authenticate the user and I extracted the Auth code
using:-
 temp1 = EntityUtils.toString(response.getEntity());
if(response.getStatusLine().getStatusCode()==200)
                auth = temp1.substring(temp1.indexOf("Auth=")+5).trim
();

After this I tried inserting an event which did not work. I was
getting status code 200 in response and I am not sure even if I did
get a proper response, how can I extract the cookie s and gsessionid
for my next request.

I tried creating a calendar instead and I received the same status
code 200. I used the following code:-

   String messageBody="<entry xmlns='http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom'"+
       " xmlns:gd='http://schemas.google.com/g/2005'"+
       " xmlns:gCal='http://schemas.google.com/gCal/2005'>"+
  " <title type='text'>ABC Project Schedule</title>"+
  " <summary type='text'>This calendar...</summary>"+
  " <gCal:timezone value='Singapore/Asia'></gCal:timezone>"+
  " <gCal:hidden value='false'></gCal:hidden>"+
  " <gCal:color value='#2952A3'></gCal:color>"+
  " <gd:where rel='' label='' valueString='Oakland'></gd:where>"+
" </entry>";
 StringEntity entity =new StringEntity(messageBody);
            entity.setContentType("application/atom+xml");
            entity.setChunked(true);
            httppost.setEntity(entity);
            httppost.setHeader("Authorization", "GoogleLogin
auth="+auth);
            httppost.setHeader("GData-Version", "2");
            //httppost.setHeader("Content-Length",String.valueOf
(entity.getContentLength()));
            //httppost.setHeader("Content-Type", "application/atom
+xml");
            HttpResponse response = httpclient.execute(httppost);

As can be seen from the code, I commented Content-Length and Content-
Type as otherwise I would get a ClientProtocolException (content-
length was causing the exception, didn't put content-type since it is
already mentioned in the entity...not sure where it should be
defined).

I am sorry that I don't understand the basics correctly. I did refer
to the apache site for httpclient stuff but it wasn't of much help.
Please help me out with the above problems. It is very important for
my Android application to have this functionality. Thank you.