> Well, what I'd like to happen is this:
>  - Receive a mail with a text/calendar attachment in the GMail (or
> email) app
>  - Click on the attachment
>  - See my app open to handle it

Sounds reasonable.

> What actually happens is that the mail apps show the attachment is
> there, but don't offer any way to open it. And I'm not sure if that is
> simply because I have my intent filter wrong, or because the mail apps
> aren't even looking for apps to open these attachments.

Well, if you hunt through Google Code Search, you'll find a number of
sample intent filters that use android:mimeType. See if any of those are
treated properly by the mail client. If one does, try mirroring their
intent filter.

BTW, you're *sure* the email is coming over the wire with the attachment
as text/calendar (versus some other MIME type)?

--
Mark Murphy (a Commons Guy)
http://commonsware.com