@robert. i'm curios wheter you succeeded in implementing proper
multitouch controls. I planned on going the 2.0 root myself for the
racer, having all controls on screen but that didn't work out as
expected. see this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/be4151b4bc769a0/d5ec6cdfce2025be?lnk=gst&q=multitouch#d5ec6cdfce2025be
and the videos linked to in there for more information. All multitouch
capable apps on the market suffer from this problem. I'd be very
interested in your onTouch handler in case that worked out for you.