Nice, there goes another myth. I read about recycling the MotionEvent
at a couple of places on the net. Thanks for clearing that up!

I wonder however why it is exposed as a public method. Additionally,
the semantics of onTouch allow me to return a boolean indicating that
i consumed the event (or not). So my reasoning was that in case i
return true from onTouch and recycle the event, everything should work
out fine. Maybe add to the documentation that it should never ever be
called by an application?

Anyways, thanks again!
(if you have the time, seeing as you are obviously responsible for
this part of the framework, could you have a look at the other
discussion on multi-touch over here
http://groups.google.com/group/android-developers/browse_thread/thread/be4151b4bc769a0/d5ec6cdfce2025be?lnk=gst&q=multitouch+bug#d5ec6cdfce2025be?
:)