On Jan 27, 8:14 am, "SoftwareForMe.com SoftwareForMe.com"
<softwareforme....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry that I missed the continuation of this thread, and only noticed it now
> as I got a Google Alert for our app name.
>
> @Dianne, that's not quite true (that all MT data is lost). The coordinates
> of the additional points are removed from the event data, but the size and
> pressure values change predictably as additional fingers are added.

Yeah, I remember having seen proof-of-concepts prior to 2.0
But back to the original question. I would highly welcome pinch-and-
zoom, supported on the platform level, across apps.... Wait, it *is*
supported, at least somewhat, assuming you get a Milestone.
>From an engineering perspective, the sensible thing appears to be to
wait until pinch-and-zoom is supported on the platform level, across
the entire user interface of the phone, East and West. Lacking a
Milestone to test this, and motivation, I am not going down the path
to try to figure out how an app that implements pinch-and-zoom on the
app level will fare when same functionality is also implemented on the
platform level. Could work out of the box, could be ugly.
JP