Thanks for your answers ...

Well, since the same source code works on your computer and not on
mine, I think the chopping problem is on my emulator. My computer is
not as good as yours but it´s a Turion X2 notebook with 2gb ram, so
if
on a computer like this the emulator is not able to record and
playback audio at the same time, even not fast enought to handle the
audio stream before AudioRecord warns a buffer overflow, then I
really
don´t know what to try next.
I hope I can find a phone to try the app in a real device. Also, I
will try the sdk 1.6.

About ani´s post, I do understand it, but I´m using Windows XP SP3 and
Android runs as linux but the API works for other people so this
shouldn´t be an OS flaw.
Also, I believe that if the emulator accepts 8k as record and
playback
sample rate (it doesn´t accept any othet value) then it should work
properly for recording and playing the same audio stream in this SR.
It
´s not the best option but if there´s a need for "manual"
ressampling,
it can be done. What can´t is the action of properly recording audio.

Anyone else facing this same problem on SDK 2.1, AMD processor,
windows xp sp3?