It really depends on where you are yourself.

If it's your fist client and your fist job, you don't want to scare
them away, after all this is the beginning of your portfolio.

I'm french, I've been a freelance web developer for 10 years now, I
live in a small town in the south, and I charge 80 €/hour.

If I were in Paris I could charge as much as a 100-120 €.

But when I began, I was charging around 50 €/hour and it was great,
it's a lot of money already :D

Estimate how much time it will take you, add a good 10-15% and sell
that to the client.
Then estimate when you think you'll be done with the project, then add
3 weeks and give him this date as the end of the project.
You may think that will scare your client but in the end you'll be the
reliable guy that delivers before schedule or on schedule instead of
the guy who can't follow a schedule(even thought most of the time lost
in the project will be on your client not delivering the content  :)

And good luck on your new full time job :D

Yahel