On Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 6:16 PM, Sergio Visinoni
<sergio.visin...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a problem calling GeoCoder.getFromLocation();
>
> I have a LocationListener calling an updateLocation() method in my
> class, which in turns
> calls GeoCoder.getFromLocation() with the current location.
>
> ====
> private void updateLocation(Location currentLocation) {
>                if (currentLocation != null) {
>                        Geocoder geoCoder = new Geocoder(this);
>
>                        try {
>                                addressList =
> geoCoder.getFromLocation(currentLocation.getLatitude(),
> currentLocation.getLongitude(), 1);
>                        } catch (IOException ioException) {
>                                Log.v(TAG, "Error getting address");
>                                return;
>                        }
>
> ====
>
> When I run this code on a device (HTC Magic 1.6) I get the following error
> :
>
> D/LocationMasfClient(15392): getAddressFromProtoBuf(): Ignore feature
> 0,1er Arrondissement Paris
> D/AndroidRuntime(21403): Shutting down VM
> W/dalvikvm(21403): threadid=3: thread exiting with uncaught exception
> (group=0x4001da38)
> E/AndroidRuntime(21403): Uncaught handler: thread main exiting due to
> uncaught exception

I don't think this is the full exception back trace. There might be more
explaining the exact exception caught.

> If I run the same code on an emulator (1.6 with google api) the error I get
> is :
>
> D/GpsLocationProvider(   52): setMinTime 0
> E/LocationMasfClient(   52): reverseGeocode(): no feature in GLocation
>
> Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone have the same problem or a
> solution for this kind of issue?

Geocoding might fail as explained in
http://developer.android.com/reference/android/location/Geocoder.html#getFromLocation(double,%20double,%20int).
You might want to check for null.