Hi, I'm not sure about your problem. But I think maybe you need to get the
root privilege to modify some file. So at first you need to check if you can
get root access using "adb root". If you cannot get root access, try to
search "rooting android", many solutions will appear. I have gotten the
similar problem and I got the solution here
http://android-dls.com/wiki/index.php?title=Magic_Rooting.