Ok,
@Yahel:- For the insertion of same records on a Palm device(Say Palm Pre) ,
its taking 3 seconds..
On an IPhone , its taking 1 or  2 seconds..
Here is an example of what i am doing..
private Boolean addAlbumDB(int AlbumId, String Name, String Label,
            int MultipleArtists, int ArtistId) {
        long result = -1;

        try {

            ContentValues initialValues = new ContentValues();
            initialValues.put(KEY_ID, AlbumId);
            initialValues.put(KEY_NAME, Name);
            initialValues.put(KEY_LABEL, Label);
            initialValues.put(KEY_ARTIST_ID, ArtistId);
            initialValues.put(KEY_MULTIPLE_ARTISTS, MultipleArtists);

             result = db.insert(DATABASE_TABLE, null, initialValues);

        } catch (Exception e) {
            Log.i("Exception in addAlbumDB", "" + e.toString());
            return false;
        }

        if (result == -1)
            return false;
        return true;
    }

The above function is called for around 2000 times..
Similarly there are 2 3 more functions for other tables.
Thanks,
Alok.