I've already started hacking with it from the upstream. Haven't done
any FR specific changes yet though because I'm too busy trying to
finish a Donut port to a different device at the moment.

Interestingly, Donut does add some ARMv4T assembly routines for a
_lot_ of multimedia - opencore, h264, etc.

http://perpetual-notion.blogspot.com/2009/08/android-armv4t-donut-patch.html